Microsoft SharePoint has been around since 2001 and is used by 80% of the Fortune 500 businesses. It wasn't until 2007 that businesses started harnessing the power of online collaboration. Organizations are able to easily control cost and reduce the risk associated with IT through SharePoint. It allows project teams to effectively access information and collaborate with each other. SharePoint allows companies of all sizes to better utilize data while cutting costs and never sacrificing on quality. Not only is SharePoint Microsoft's number one best-selling product but SharePoint is the number one choice of businesses around the world. SharePoint offers a wide range of benefits such as:
1. Centralized Administration– Managers are easily able to access application management features, system settings, perform backups & restorations, manage security settings and use configuration wizards all in a single location.
2. Customizable – SharePoint gives you the option to keep features as they come or your development team has the ability to build custom applications and components with ease. This will mean your team will always be able to access the specific tools they need to do their jobs effectively.
3. Collaboration – SharePoint allows you to connect with your colleagues in new and creative ways. This streamlined approach to team based work allows information and knowledge to flow more freely throughout the organization. Increased collaboration means better decision making.
4. Site Consolidation – Managers are able to easily utilize the Microsoft SharePoint 2013 platform to consolidate intranet, extranet and internet sites. This in turn amasses to substantial cost savings for the company. Microsoft SharePoint also works seamlessly with many technologies your office already utilizes such as MS Office.
5. Security and Integrity - SharePoint 2013 offers organizations the ability to protect the integrity of data from unauthorized use. This includes managing permissions to sites, lists, folders, documents, web applications and more. Security measures can also be implemented at both the document and item-level.
6. Ease Of Use – Microsoft SharePoint 2013 has features and tools that allow organizations to respond quickly to business needs by building solutions without having a background in web development. SharePoint has the tools to build or update your website or to create a specific online tool for your team.
All in all Microsoft SharePoint 2013 is a globally trusted platform that offers organizations the ability to both streamline their businesses as well as cut costs without sacrificing the quality of the actual business itself.